Solve QuickBooks Error 80070057 with the help of QuickBooks Support
When you try to open a company file and you are unable to open it you see a message stating 80070057 the parameter is incorrect. QuickBooks error support can provide you assistance on this error. Possible Reasons behind this Error
- When you are trying to open a company file by double-clicking on the file and not by opening the file from inside QuickBooks Desktop.
- When you attempt to open a company file which is located in a folder on a redirected desktop, and your PC is not connected to the network.
- The third- party firewall is not configured for QuickBooks.
- When uncommon ports are blocked due to data traffic between computers, this happens because of the use of an anti-virus called BitDefender.
- This error occurs when you do not have the permission to delete files in a specific folder. To operate QuickBooks in a multi-user environment, you should read/write access and create/delete rights to the folder in which the company file is stored. For further information on this error keep on reading or call QuickBooks Error Support.
Follow the solutions given below to resolve this error
Solution 1: Run as Administrator
Right-click on the program icon and select Run as administrator to re-launch your QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 2: Open the Company File after the QuickBooks Program
Unlike other programs, QuickBooks Desktop cannot be opened by double-clicking on the company file. It is designed to be opened from inside the program.
- 1. Press the Windows key present on the keyboard then select All Programs. Note: In the case of Windows 8 and 10, enter in QuickBooks.
- 2. Click on the QuickBooks version that you want to open.
- 3. Click on the company file and then choose Open if your company file did not open automatically.
Solution 3: Update QuickBooks to the latest release
Solution 4: Use the QuickBooks File Folder
Solution 5: Resolve QuickBooks Error 80070057
- 1. Change the name of the .nd file.
- a. Browse through the folder where the company file has been saved.
- b. For your company file, look for the corresponding .nd file For Example MyCompanyFileName.qbw.nd
- c. Right-click on the .nd file, and then choose Rename.
- d. Type .old at the end of the file name to rename it.
2. To rescan your files use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Please Note: Perform this step on the Server as this step is only applicable if you are using the company file over the network.
- a. Press the Windows key on the keyboard and then type in QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- b. Click on Add Folder to display the Browse Folder window.
- c. Choose the folder where your company file is stored and then click on OK.
- d. Now select Scan, the scanning process will begin.
- e. After the scanning process is over, open the company file again.
If you want information and further assistance on Error 80070057, call on QuickBooks technical support number 1-877-227-2303.